?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Getting Everyone Situated - Welcome to the Endless Night Tavern

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

June 16th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
mistressnelle
02:17 pm - Getting Everyone Situated
Laelith looked at the Fae man, and soft smile on her lips for his tendernes towards the chained women. "I was once one of those very women, good sir. They are not often mortally wounded, and we've got healers to take care of any woulds inflicted. I've tended to a great many of them myself." She paused, looking down the line of exotic-looking females. There was a sudden listlessness to her eyes that was nigh palpable. "If any of them will go with you, you are free to take them, but most come of their own free will. We take good care of our own, even if the work risks leave something to be desired."

She shook her head, dusty read locks trembling with the motion. "Pardon me again, good sir, but I must tend to the couple. Feel free to go speak with the ladies." Laelith smiled once again to the elf, a promise that she would be with him immediately after settling in the man and woman at the table.

"You wished for a room?" Laelith asked as she approached. "I know which room will be perfect." There was a knowing smile on those full lips of hers as she materialized a delicate key on a rich velvet cord, pointing them in the right direction. "Take the Halls that lead to the garden, there is a cottage by the brook there. If you need anything..." she materialized a globe similar to the music globe playing upon the bar, but this one was more transparent, and seamed. "If you need anything, write a note, and tell this globe to come to me. I'll take care of everything." She set both items down for the couple to use as they pleased. "I'll have fresh tea and a meal in the room before you settle in."

Laelith turned, smiling at them once more as she did so, beforeheading back to the bar. With her full attention now turned on the elegant looking elven traveler, she offered a little apologictic chuckle. "I'm sorry for your wait. I've not been so blessed with patrons in a while. What would please you, good sir?" Her sapphire hues were warm and eager to serve.

(33 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:bzarcher
Date:June 16th, 2004 03:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Looking a bit concerned at how Laelith looks as she walks away from the fae man, Cirrac takes the key and globe from the table. "Thank you...but are you well?" Watching her leave without really answering, he frowns, then looks back to Krystaviel, a slight growl and grumble resonating through his chest before calming down. "Shall we explore the garden, or head to the cottage?"
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 16th, 2004 04:47 pm (UTC)
(Link)
A little note appears within the globe. When opened, the note reads-

Thank you for your concern, good sir, and yes, I am quite well. Seems one caannot entirely mask one's memories when in a place this congregated with magiks. Enjoy your stay, and please let me know of whatever you need.

~Laelith no FiLoan~

(Assuming you read it, if not, ignore)
Laelith feels her words were being read, and looks up, a warm nod and appreciatie nod offered in his direction.
[User Picture]
From:bzarcher
Date:June 16th, 2004 06:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Trying to read the globe, Cirrac concentrates and then looks embarassed, handing it to Krystaviel. "Please...I can't figure all of it out."

Blushing a bit, he catches her nod and returns it.
From:skarlette
Date:June 16th, 2004 08:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Krystaviel accepted the note and put a small, calming hand on Cirrac's shoulder. "Peace sweeting." She murmured. She concentrated on the globe and a note appeared.

Forgive us our intrusion, but we would be poor guests if we did not see you were safe as well.

She looked at the grey fae being and smiled with her dark, oceanic eyes. "I think the cottage would suit sweeting."
[User Picture]
From:bzarcher
Date:June 16th, 2004 09:05 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Cirrac nods, still a bit embarassed at his inability to read. As she calms him, he settles, and he stands as she mentions the cottage. "Then let me take you there, beloved."

Offering her one of his hands, his back twitches again, but he tries to focus on just getting to the cottage for now.
From:noterlac
Date:June 16th, 2004 05:06 pm (UTC)

Talking to slaves.

(Link)
Ar walks over towards the chained people and decideds to talk to the youngest one there. She appears to be about 20 or so. He starts to try to give out an aura of friendness. "Hello, my name is Ar mein, how are you? What are you doing here? What's your job?
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 16th, 2004 05:24 pm (UTC)

Re: Talking to slaves.

(Link)
The girl blinks her large, chestnut eyes in surprise before bringing herself to speak. "A pleasure, Ar Mein." The girl began to look claculating, dark eyebrows furrowing, slight wrinkles visible upon her honeyed skin. She obviously drew up nothing of what she was looking for, that in itself causing her to be tentative.

"Is it not obvious what my job is here? I am beholden to the Mistress f this mannor. In exchange for a roof above my head and three meals a day, I offer myself to her patrons that they as well may have a meal."

She looked downwards for a moment. "It's better than... well.... where I was before I wandered here." Some fire undeternimable crept into her gaze, her voice lowering an octave as she next spoke. "Why is it that you ask?"
From:noterlac
Date:June 16th, 2004 05:39 pm (UTC)

Re: Talking to slaves.

(Link)
"Have a meal, what does that mean? Where were you before? I ask becuase I wish to know, maybe help make your life better. I have not been here before after all."
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 16th, 2004 05:51 pm (UTC)

Re: Talking to slaves.

(Link)
She pulls back a little, the chains clinking softly with the disturbance. "It doesn't matter where I'm from... it may not even be there any longer, for all I know or care." She closed her eyes a moment, a breath stirring a rise in her chest. "And I'm a meal for the vampyres, or for the other flesh and blood sustained of the realm. Here, they can take what they need to live. All of us take numbing magics from Laelith and the other healers each night that we work, so it isn't a matter of pain. Like I said, it's a fair trade. I've never been harmed beyond repair, and I promise you there is not a flaw nor scar upon my body."

She stirred a little again, but this time, moving closer, pressing against him slightly, as the chains held her at an apparent distance. "What do you really want from a simple gil like me? What is it that you have in mind?"
From:noterlac
Date:June 16th, 2004 05:58 pm (UTC)

Re: Talking to slaves.

(Link)
" I am in need of a travling companion, someone who wont mind staying with me for long periods of time. I have not had a, close companion, for some time. I was wondering if you are intrested in the job. There are certian benafits if you choose to, or I can ask another girl here."
[User Picture]
From:martythegrey
Date:June 16th, 2004 05:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
As she busied herself with the other patrons, he tugged a dusty, worn book from a pouch and made a few notes with a sharpened sliver of charcoal in the delicate characters of the elvish script.

Day 75: Reached an inn near Wintra's temple. Not at all where I was headed, but neither here nor there. Attended by a lovely red-haired woman.

"I'm sorry for your wait. I've not been so blessed with patrons in a while. What would please you, good sir?"

It took him a moment to glance up from his writing, but he turned his full attention towards her and bowed his head towards her as the respectful representative of this establishment. "...Wine, perhaps." He leaned down and fished two waterskins and one wineskin from his pack. "And if the lady would, refill these as well." The words would flow smoothly from his lips, were his tongue completely used to using them. "Also, if there is space, a room for the night is needed." Greens capture her warm blues for a moment, and a faint smile touches his lips as well.

Attitudes are indeed contagious.
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 16th, 2004 05:41 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Laelith flustered a moment at his attentions. She waved her wand over the skins he had presented to her, re-filling them each with their respective bevereage, before pulling down an wine glass of the most reflective onyx from the collections hanging above her. She moved to the shelves and shelves of alcohol to her rear, lingering a moment over a collection of impossibly crafted bottles of every imaginable shape, size, and design. After a moment of contemplation, she selected a bottle blown like a corkscrew, filled with a liquid of dazzling burgandy.

As she poured the drink into the onyx goblet, her eyes returned to his, a gentle lace to her gaze that made one feel instantly at ease. "I think this one will be to your liking..." her voice was light, almost girlish, but one could hear wisdom in her cadence. "And as for a room..." she materialized a globe and corded key as she had with the couple. "There is a quaint little suite out by the fountains, if you'd like it."

She places the glass of wine before him.
[User Picture]
From:martythegrey
Date:June 16th, 2004 06:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
As she moved to prepare the glass, he stowed those skins back in his pack, giving it a soft pat. He sat back up straight, returning her gaze, before he looked down at the dark glass. He smiled inwardly, eyes lingering on the delicately crafted glass, and for a moment the shadow of the past week's travels weighed on him - stooped shoulders, eyes worn, almost all his skin covered in a thin layer of trail dirt and what could have been the remnants of a skirmish.

As the key materialized, he sat up again, and nodded. "The room will be perfect.. I shall also require a bath, for certain... I thank you for your generosity." Those emerald eyes closed for a moment as smallish delicate fingers lifted the glass from the counter, below his bottom lip. He inhaled and the twitch of the corner of his thin lips certainly showed his approval. A gentle drought was taken, savored, and the glass replaced on the counter. Green orbs opened again, a contented glaze frosted over them.
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 16th, 2004 06:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
She smiled, an impish glee taken from his approval. She had "failed" to mention that the wine she had served was one of her personal brews.

She noted his travel-wariness, feeling suddenly a little motherly. "I'll have a bath drawn for you before you retire, kind sir. Should I have a meal and some more wine sent in for you as well?"
[User Picture]
From:martythegrey
Date:June 16th, 2004 06:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Wine for certain.. a meal can wait until morning."

He had yet another drink of the smooth liquid, this one a little more hungrily. Where the lines of travel had been before, he was a handsome elf once more. An ear twitched at the conversation being held by the slave, an eyebrow quirked, and softly mumbled a few things in elvish with a shake of the head. "I should be retiring soon." He slipped out of the chair and probably didn't stand much taller than the bar. The glass remained in his hand, which brought a few more sips as he tugged his pack over one shoulder, and a soft bow was given towards Laelith. "Cleriden Elviniar at your service.. I hold this place in high regards, and all savory characters I pass shall know of this place." He stood again, looking up to the woman.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com