?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Turning In for Some - Welcome to the Endless Night Tavern

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

June 17th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
mistressnelle
10:55 am - Turning In for Some
Laelith watched as the tavern began to empty, glad to see her rooms filling up for the eve. She paused a moment, wondering where that dark fellow had run off to, before returning her attention to the tasks as hand.

Her sapphire hues closed for a moment, and her wand made little tally marks and sketching motions as if she used it as a pen. When she opened her eyes, she looked content. Both the couple and the elf would have an attendent at their beck and call.

She then looked back to the fae man, wondering if he would indeed approach her.

(10 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


From:riad421
Date:June 17th, 2004 11:52 am (UTC)
(Link)
Even as Laelith was wondering were the dark-skinned fellow had gone, Valas reappered back at his table as if he had never left the spot. He watched as the couple and the elf left the room and approached the beautiful barmaid. Leaning into the bar, he waited for her to catch his attention.
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 17th, 2004 11:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
Laelith felt the man reappear within the walls of the tavern, having connections to the place for that purpose. Her eyes darted to Valas as she moved behind the bar once more "Is there something else ican getcha?" She tilted her head with the question, dusty red locks tumbling over her shoulder.
From:riad421
Date:June 17th, 2004 12:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Valas looked to Lealith with deep concern in his eyes, "Information. I'm worried about the man who just left. I've been running for quite some time and he looks to be here with a purpose. I guess what I'm asking is...am I safe here or shall I take my leave?" The quiver in his voice was one of true fear not anxiety, as if he truly regretted having to leave.
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 17th, 2004 12:19 pm (UTC)
(Link)
She pondered this, wondering what politics lay between this man and the elves.

"You're welcome to take one of the indoor rooms, if you would wish to avoid him, though, I suppose that would be your preference even without the need of it. I do not know his purposes for being here, nor do I honestly care, so long as I am capable of keeping my patrons happy, but from the looks of him, he was not upon the pursuit. The man was haggard in is own right, as hagard as an elf can be, at least." She chuckled slightly, thinking of an elf in true disrepair, but sobered seeing the worried look in the man's eyes once again.

"Will a room for the night suit your tastes?"
From:riad421
Date:June 17th, 2004 12:45 pm (UTC)
(Link)
With a heavy sigh, the half-drow nodded. "I'ts just been so long since I've felt safe anywhere. A room would be a comforting change. Thank you for your kindness, you don't know how much this means to me."
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 17th, 2004 01:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Of course, good sir, of course." She materialized yet another corded key and message globe. Take the back stairs to the last room on the right. It's a suite, of course, and though the windows are shuttered, they can be opened if you so desire. Just let me know when you need anythin'." She smiled, handing him the items. "Should I have a bath, meal, and some of the Yarabah prepared for you before you turn in?"
From:riad421
Date:June 17th, 2004 02:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Valas takes the Key and Globe. Before he turns to retire, Valas gently smiles with his head crooked to the side, "The bath and meal would be greatly welcome. As for the, what did you call it?, Yarabah?, I think I'll let you pick out something a little less...", he looked to the slaves chained to the wall and remembered the conversation he'd caught earlier, "disturbing. Thank you again for the hospitality." He turned toward the back stairs nad just before he passed the archway he turned back as someone who was accustomed to looking over his shoulder. Valas shook his head is resignation of himself. "Will I ever stop doing that?" he thought as he continued up the stairs.
[User Picture]
From:mistressnelle
Date:June 17th, 2004 02:16 pm (UTC)
(Link)
She watched the man go, a few well placed thoughts and flicks of her wand having a meal, warm bath, bottle of wine, and personal attendant waiting for him.

Now, all she had left was Mier, and she was honestly curious what he had gotten into his mind about her Lady's slaves.
From:noterlac
Date:June 17th, 2004 06:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ar walks over to the bar maid after she is done talking to the Elf. "I was wondering when your mistress would be coming along? I wanted to talk to her about buying one of the slaves. Also, can I have her in my room for the night? We have a lot to talk about."
[User Picture]
From:martythegrey
Date:June 17th, 2004 07:32 pm (UTC)

Fortress of Solitude?

(Link)
The elf closed the door to his room, leaned against it and loosed a heavy sigh. He took a few steps before he realized he was not alone - the attendant that Laelith had prepared for him stood by the bath. Cleriden's eyes narrowed for a moment, then his shoulders stooped for a moment, in exasperation. He'd hoped to have been alone, but really there is a silver lining in every situation. Cler stood tall and walked to the attendant.

"I have tasks for you," he said as he handed the backpack to the attendant. "Inside are dirty clothes - these require washing. Also there are bandages that have been reused - they are to be tossed away. I shall require new ones, as well as supplies for the first aid kit." Cler sat at the side of the tub, achingly reaching down to remove his boots. The attendant was more than willing to assist, as she slipped the knee-highs off with more ease than the short elf could muster. Toes wiggled, and his eyes closed for a brief moment. "I would also like any directions to a bowyer's, as my bow has been claimed by one of my enemies." He finally sat up, fished in a pouch, and put a shiny piece of red metal in the girl's hand, and closed it firmly. " If there is any way to acquire smoked meats, fruits and flatbread, I would like my rations refilled as well." Greens settled upon the girl's eyes. "Go now, and do not disturb me for two 'marks."

The girl left, and the elf finally shed his clothes as deliberately as he would have removed those boots. Recent scars marred his smooth flesh from all angles, though he was still an impressively beautiful creature in the nude. He stood at the edge of the tub, eyes looking to the collection of fragrances...finally settling upon a good standby - vanilla. A little into the water, and some onto his aching shoulders, and finally into the bath he sank. In over his head for a length of time, then he rested his neck on the rim of the tub, soaking, blissfully soaking. One would question, both from his height and the way he carried himself, that he was only a hundred and twenty-five years old.

Would he have the intimacy of a woman tonight? It would have been a while... but no. He had been travelling for too long to even begin contemplating it. No, he will only collect his things, and pay the girl in the time allotted. Until then... relief.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com